Day 8: Rest Day at Brielle - A Dutch of Class (Another Three Nations Tour (France - Belgium - Netherlands)) - CycleBlaze

July 19, 2013

Day 8: Rest Day at Brielle

Another rest day today, this time in the lovely Brielle. As you can see, we had a nice walk around the town.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

I replaced the inner tube, we washed our clothes...

Heart 0 Comment 0

and we then went for a walk. Before leaving, we'd heard that the entire field in which we were camped, had been reserved for a Czech touring group, but Penelope worked her charm on reception, and we were allowed to stay. A trip to the pancake place for lunch...

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

... and then we've been sitting in this 'snackbar' at the campsite for the past three and a half hours, bringing this entire journal up-to-date. We shall soon be leaving, however, because the regulars don't look particularly classy, and as usual with people like that, they're getting drunk and very loud. ===================== Captain's Log: Supplemental... After finishing the journal last night, Penelope and I walked back to the campsite, picked up our stuff and then went out to the supermarket for some bread. When we got home, we were gobsmacked to see our little field absolutely jampacked with tents. The Czechs had arrived! It is in our nature - or in mine at least, since Penelope is a bit more reserved than I - to say hello to everyone who passes our tent. And I find it a pity that a lot of people just walked past us, faces set in stone, staring straight ahead. There was a French couple from Nantes, however, and they were very chatty. Eventually, we made pasta, ate, washed up and went to bed.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0